Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danielle Peck, meet Danielle Peck.

While we were visiting Gramma Marcia for Easter, we found out that Danielle Peck, the country singer, was going to be in Big Rapids on April 26th. My Danielle has been waiting for her to be near us for a few years so she got really excited. She worked hard and wrote a very nice letter asking for help meeting the star with her name.


Here is what she wrote...

Hi,

My name is Danielle Peck, no I'm not joking, I'm 13 and I live in the
middle of nowhere actually northern Michigan.
I found out about Danielle Peck when I was ego-surfing Google and all
that came up was about her. I clicked a link to her song "I Don't" and I
loved it. I had everyone listen and they loved it too, so my Dad
pre-ordered an autographed copy of her first CD. When we got the CD
everyone listened to it and loved it, so my Mom and Dad got it for
everyone on the Christmas list.
My Dad said if I found a concert close enough we would probably be able
to go, so I checked her site almost everyday but there was nothing close
enough. While we were on vacation my Dad checked and found out about her
concert at the Ferris Fest April 26 in Big Rapids, MI. when he told me I
couldn't believe it!!
It would mean so much to me if I could meet Danielle Peck. I've wanted
to since I saw her name on Google. Thank you so much for reading my
E-mail. You can contact me at my e-mail Danielle@pecktec.com or my moms
e-mail lisa@pecktec.com or call 231-898-3245.

Danielle Peck

We sent this letter to Danielle Peck's tour company, the Ferris Fest organizers, a local country station, and the Big Rapids Pioneer paper. Within a couple of hour Danielle heard from Josh Fulmer of Dreamcatcher Entertainment telling her that he would make this happen. How cool is that! She also received an email from Lindsey Wahowiak, a staff writer for the Pioneer. She sounded very excited about getting this meeting to happen and she asked if she could write a story about the meeting. Of course, the answer was "YES!"

Here are a couple of pictures from the meeting and the articles that Lindsey wrote.




















This was printed in the Pioneer on April 23,2008.


























This one was printed April 28, 2008 in the Pioneer.




How Cool was this. The whole family got to meet Danielle Peck and we have souvenirs to prove it!

1 comment:

SeaSaw Mom said...

that is SO exciting! Both Danielles' pictures in the paper together! How cooooooool is that?!?! And I'm related to at least one of them...